The Government provides funding to each school in England to help improve the quality of PE and sport offered in schools. The DFE’s Sports Grant provides £16,000 per annum plus £10 per pupil. This funding is ring-fenced and, therefore, can only be spent on the provision of PE and sport in schools.
Through pupil and staff questionnaires and a thorough audit of resources, the following areas were identified for improvement:
- Develop the indoor space by installing multi-use wall bars.
- Develop the outdoor area, in particular the infant and junior trim trails.
- Offer additional sporting opportunities for pupils.
- Improve staff skills and confidence in the teaching of PE.
- Increase pupil participation in intra and inter-school competitions and events.
All young people should have the opportunity to live healthy and active lives. A positive experience of sport and physical activity at a young age can build a lifetime habit of participation and is central to meeting the government’s and Cutthorpe's ambitions.
For more information, please read our PE/Sport Policies: