Keeping our children safe
Cutthorpe Primary School
Safeguarding at our school is underpinned by the following key principles:
- Safeguarding is everyone's responsibility: all Staff / anyone who has contact with a child or young person including Governors and volunteers should play their full part in keeping children (Including vulnerable adults when in their setting) safe;
- We will aim to protecting children using national, local and school child protection procedures;
- We will aim to work in partnership and have an important role in multi-agency safeguarding arrangements as set out by Working Together 2018;
- All Staff-/anyone who has contact with a child or young person including Governors and volunteers, will have a clear understanding regarding abuse and neglect in all forms; including how to identify, respond and report. This also includes knowledge in the process for allegations against professionals. Staff, (Governors and Volunteers) should feel confident that they can report all matters of Safeguarding in the School or College where the information will be dealt with swiftly and securely, following the correct procedures with the safety and wellbeing of the children in mind at all times.
- We will aim to operate with a child-centred approach: a clear understanding of the needs, wishes, views and voices of children.
- Working Together to Safeguard Children